Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We have a date!

Today we went to have our ultrasound and non stress test done at our perinatologists office. We were very anxious about this appointment because this is where we got Tommy's diagnoses and the doctor is somewhat of an alarmist.
I love getting ultrasounds there because I get to watch them the whole time and they always take some 3-D pictures. Tommy's estimated weight is about 5lbs 14oz. He is continuing to gain weight at a steady pace which is good.
Once we were done with the ultrasound and NST we waited to meet with the doctor. We had lots of time in the room to think about all of the possible what-ifs. Tommy and I are not very patient when it comes to finding out any news. After what seemed like hours we got to meet with him. He told us that everything looks as good as it can. All the measurements are the same as they have been and he believes to think that he is Macrocephalic and not hydrocephalic but will know for sure once he is here and they do a CT. He also told us that he had good muscle tone and the monitoring they did of his heart looked really good also. He did suggest that we do another amnio the day before I get induced to check fetal lung maturity but he said he would leave that decision to me and my ob.
I don't think we could have asked for a better appointment.

This afternoon we had an appointment with my doctor. We talked to him about our morning appointment and also about banking Tommy's cord blood(which we have decided to do). We also set a date to induce!! I will go to the hospital the night of January 17th and will be induced on January 18th!! Since I will be considered full term by the we will not do an amnio.

Tommy and I are so excited to have a date set. I am sure these next couple of weeks are going to bring a ton of excitement and anxiety about the future. Please continue to pray for our sweet baby boy.

6 comments:

  1. What exciting news & praise the Lord you got good news! I will be praying for a safe delivery and for great sleeping for you & T until Jan. 18th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We are so excited for yall! We will continue praying that everything goes smoothly. Baby Tommy and Camden will have birthdays 3 days apart! (Camden's birthday is the 21st) We can't wait to meet baby Tommy. Let us know if you need anything before the 18th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to keep you three in my thoughts and prayers... Little Tommy is one loved little boy!
    Love,
    Ms. J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you guys, my prayers are with you and your family... Enjoy your time with each other in the next couple of weeks, once little Tommy gets here a new chapter in your life brgins....

    Lira

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you guys, my prayers are with you and your family... Enjoy your time with each other in the next couple of weeks, once little Tommy gets here a new chapter in your life begins....

    Lira

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your story and I am so happy for you! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. My son Nicholas has Dandy-Walker and I couldn't have asked for a better son. He is the greatest joy I have known just the way he is and I am sure your little angel Tommy is too. I kept a positive attitude and kept telling myself I can handle whatever God gives me and remember there are people walking around with Dandy-Walker leading normal lives. I am here if you have any questions or want to talk. Enjoy every moment! They grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete