Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Excitement

I was so excited about today because I had another baby shower. This was my last shower so I was really excited and couldn't wait until shower time.
When I woke up this morning I began having some mild cramping so I decided to call the doctor who was on call. He told me just to take it easy and if I continued to have cramps I could go to OB assessment or go into the office tomorrow morning. So I just tried to put it out of my mind and concentrate on the shower and how much fun it was going to be.
At the shower the pains were mild but were still there and my stomach was tightening. Once the shower was over I called Tommy and he met us at my parent's house. We all four got in the car and went to the Medical Center just to be on the safe side. Martha and Jimbo met us down there.
Once I got into assessment they hooked me up to the monitor. After about ten minutes they told me that I was having contractions. The nurses told me that I was having them about every three to four minutes. I had no idea that I was having that many. So they gave me a shot to stop the contractions and gave me an IV of fluids. Once the medicine started to work my contractions stopped. The nurse then checked to make sure I hadn't dilated, which I hadn't. After I had finished the fluids they discharged me.
I am so glad that baby Tommy did not come tonight! Hopefully he will wait until whenever the doctors decide to induce me. Lately there seems to never be a dull moment at our house. So until our next doctor's visit I am going to be as inactive as possible.

6 comments:

  1. Holli,
    You get plenty of rest so that baby Tommy can grow stronger. I am so proud of you and Tommy. You are going to be wonderful parents. Our baby Tommy is a very lucky little baby!! We love all 3 of you so much!!
    Nana and Grandaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very glad you knew enough to go the hospital! We can't wait to meet little Tommy but he still has some growing to do! Take it easy, rest, be lazy, you have a perfect excuse! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holli, I am praying for you three! I couldn't help but think of Zephaniah 3:17, which I've prayed for my baby since before we were pregnant. "The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you with singing." May you feel God's mighty presence and peace!! Praying Praying!!! ~ Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Holli and Tommy,
    We want you to know that we are praying for ya'll,and that God will take care of your little family.He is our refuge and strengh.
    We love ya'll,
    Kate and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holli and Tommy,

    James told me what you were going through and also about this blog site. I wanted to read up on what was going on to let y'all know that Holly and I are praying for you. Our little girl Miller who will be 3 next week, is a sign from above that miracles do happen. Stay strong and positive, and always continue to pray. We love you and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you soon.

    Love,

    Frank, Holly, and Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holli - Thank you for sharing your journey with us and allowing us to walk alongside you, Tommy & Baby Tommy! Praying...Hope Wilson P.S. I love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete