Sunday, May 16, 2010

Update

I have not posted in a while so I figured I would give everyone an update as to what has been going on in our life. Baby T is still sleeping through the night except when he wakes for his pacifier. He seems to be a much happier baby which makes for a much happier mommy. He loves to smile, talk, and laugh to anyone who will talk back to him. He is such a loving baby and loves to cuddle.
On April 18th he got baptised. Thank goodness the preacher did it at the beginning of church because he was very sleepy. After he got baptised we went to my moms house and had a lunch with our family and close friends. Baby T was a bit overwhelmed at all of the people so he was very attached to Tommy and I.
He has had a cough since taking him to church but I think it is just his reflux which is still pretty bad. We took him on May 14th to have an Upper GI. He only ate two ounces of the Barium. The radiologist told us that everything looked good and was doing what is was supposed to be doing and that he saw some mild reflux. My thoughts were "You should come and try to feed him and then tell me it's mild!" So we are now waiting on an appointment with Dr. Isreal who is a ped. gastero doctor.
On Thursday May 13th we went to Atlanta to meet with a ped. neurologist. Tommy has been shaking his head no again pretty constant so we met with him to see if he knew why he was doing that. He said it may be Sandifier's Syndrome which has to do with reflux. Did I mention that the neurologist has the personality of a brick wall. He was not very talkative and was not offering up any information. He told us to come back next Thursday for a EEG and to bring a recording of Tommy shaking his head. Of course as soon as we left his office Tommy woke up and starting shaking his head again.
This next week May 17-21 we have physical therapy (which he is doing great at) on Tuesday, a cranial ultrasound on Wednesday(praying for stable ventricles and for him to say he is healed), and on Thursday we go back to Atlanta to meet with the neurosurgeon to go over the ultrasound and the we go over to the neurologist for the EEG. Then next Tuesday we have shots for his four month check up. I know Baby T will do get with everything because he is much stronger than his Daddy and I.
On the bright side after all of these appointments we will be going to the beach for a very relaxing and much needed VACATION!!!!!!
I will keep everyone updated after all of our appointments. Thank you for keeping Tommy in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I hate your neurologist was so unpersonable. I hear that good ones are really hard to find! You will love Dr. Isreal though; he is fantastic. However, unless you have an appt first thing in the morning or first thing after lunch, prepare to wait! We had to take food and lots of toys to entertain with -- until I got smart and made 1:00 appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holli,
    It's great that things are going well for little Tommy and you and your husband. I will be praying for you all. Please pray for us too as we have an avalanche of appointments next month for our little girl, Louise. She's having a cardiac and brain mri and I'm apprehensive because this will be her first brain scan since before she was born. She had some excess fluid then but not too much and I'm hoping it will have decreased. It's funny how you can get attached to babies you don't know but I have been following your blog while we were both pregnant and I often think of you.
    Jennifer Kehoe
    (my name is not Miriam nor Laura, they're some of my daughters, I don't have g-mail):-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both do much for the prayers. I will be keeping both of your children and yourselves in my prayers.
    Jennifer, after this MRI you may want to see if they can do cranial ultrasounds to monitor the ventricles because you can do it as often as you need to and there is no sedation. Please keep me updated on the appointments. My email is hdonald2003@msn.com if you ever need anyone to talk to.
    Holli

    ReplyDelete