Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Busy Week

This week has been very busy with doctor's appointments. We started Tuesday with PT. PT is going great!! I love his therapist she has been such a huge support and resource for Baby T. She told me that from what she could tell she thought he would NOT be severe. Praise God!!!!

Wednesday he had a cranial ultrasound. The Ped. Radiologist seems to think that if the ventricles and cyst have changed they were only slightly larger. I was relieved to hear that but every time we have a scan I am always hoping and praying that they will tell us that he is healed. I will always have hope for that.

Thursday we were off to Atlanta to meet with his Neurosurgeon and Neurologist. The neurosurgeon wants us to have a MRI next month, June 17, because his head size is off the charts but he is not showing any other signs of developing Hydro so that is why he didn't feel the need to do a scan that day. I always love going to see Dr. Boydston because he is such an awesome doctor and person. He is very loving to both Tommy and us. I know that he will always do what is best for our precious baby. After we left there we went to the Neurologist. Once we got into our room they hooked Tommy up to 21 probes for his EEG. He did not like the nurse putting all of those on his head. It was so sad seeing him cry and me not being able to comfort him. We first thought he would have to have the probes on for 45 minutes but they were able to get what they needed fairly quickly. After the EEG Dr. Personality came to read it and said that it was uneventful and that everything looked normal!!!!!!! There is nothing like hearing everything is NORMAL!! He then told us he didn't know why he was shaking his head and that it could be Sandifer's Syndrome (has to do with reflux) or something else which pretty much means we bore him and that is why he does that.

Next Tuesday we will have our 4 month appointment(with shots) and meet with the GI doctor and then OFF TO THE BEACH!!!!!!! I am hoping that I will be able to relax there but something tells me that I will be more worried out of town than at home.

Thank you for the support and prayers. You all have no idea how much it means. I know that prayer is how we have gotten through this and I believe that the reason why Tommy is doing so good is because of all the prayers that have been said for him.
Proud Mommy,
Holli

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy Tommy is doing so well! What great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying for Tommy's MRI on 17th...Louise's is on 16th!!
    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete